Help your students become strong spellers with this Spelling Center! Aligned with the Science of Reading, this will be your go-to resource for providing targeted spelling practice to your students!
Crafted to cater to various phonics levels, learners of all stages can benefit from this resource! With the inclusion of 47 different skills, you can easily differentiate the activity and continue to use it as progression occurs.
This spelling activity is unique! It is research-backed and encourages your students to go through the orthographic mapping process as they spell words. This improves word retention, leading to a lasting memory of the word.
You can grab this resource at over 90% off with the ULTIMATE PHONICS CENTERS BUNDLE here:
You don’t want to miss this deal!
HOW TO USE:
Provide students with a recording sheet and matching set of picture cards. Students choose a card, count the sounds, spell each sound and read the final word.
- 47 different centers covering various phonics skills including CVC words, FLSZ, digraphs, blends, magic e, soft c, soft g, -y, trigraphs, r-controlled vowels, vowel teams, diphthongs, and so much more! An answer key is also included. See the preview for more details.
THIS MUST-HAVE RESOURCE IS:
- Perfect for Kindergarten, First Grade and Second Grade students.
- Easy to prep! Simply print, laminate and cut out.
- Filled with different phonics skills to cater to various phonics levels. Differentiation is easy and learners of all stages can benefit from this resource.
- Science of Reading aligned with a systematic scope!
- Great for targeted spelling practice. Just choose the set of cards that contains your phonics focus!
- Easy to store. Store in a display folder for easy access!
- Versatile! Use it in small groups, whole-class or one-on-one.
- Flexible. Simply print what you need!