Help your students become strong readers with these Mystery Word Cards! Aligned with the Science of Reading, this will be your go-to resource for making phonics learning irresistibly fun and effective!
With over 800 mystery cards included, this activity will provide your students with endless opportunities to read decodable words that are aligned to a systemic and sequential scope. Students will LOVE putting their detective hats on and revealing the mystery picture!
You can use this activity with sticky notes or library pocket envelopes! Students decode the target word before taking a peek at the mystery picture. It’ll be the most phonics fun your students will have!
You can grab this resource at over 90% off with the ULTIMATE PHONICS CENTERS BUNDLE here:
You don’t want to miss this deal!
HOW TO USE:
Use sticky notes or library pocket envelopes to cover the images. Students read the decodable word and then uncover the picture to reveal the mystery image.
- Over 800 cards are included covering various phonics skills including CVC words, FLSZ, digraphs, blends, magic e, soft c, soft g, -y, trigraphs, r-controlled vowels, vowel teams, diphthongs and so much more! Plus, cover labels are included so that you can easily organize and store the cards. See the preview for more details.
THIS MUST-HAVE RESOURCE IS:
- Perfect for Kindergarten, First Grade and Second Grade students.
- Easy to prep! Simply print, laminate and cut out.
- Filled with different phonics skills to cater to various phonics levels. Differentiation is easy and learners of all stages can benefit from this resource.
- Science of Reading aligned with a systematic scope!
- Great for targeted phonics and decoding practice. Just choose the set of cards that contains your phonics focus!
- Easy to store. Use the included cover labels to organize the cards for easy retrieval.
- Versatile! Use it in small groups, whole-class or one-on-one.
- Flexible. Simply print what you need!
You can grab the bundle here: