Your kiddos will love completing these interactive literacy activities in independent or small group settings. This pack features 8 centers designed for first grade students which allow them to practice compound words, digraphs, blends, syllables, adjectives, nouns and verbs. There are both color and black & white (ink friendly) versions included. The black and white centers look super cute printed on bright, colored paper! All of the activities are easy to set up- simply print, laminate and cut.
The following 8 centers are included:
1. Compound Words – Use the pictures to build the compound words. (4 Sets)
2. Digraph Match – Match the pictures to the digraph words. (3 Sets)
3. Adjective Match – Read the adjectives and find the matching picture. (3 Sets)
4. Syllable Clap – Say the word, clap how many syllables and match it to the board. (2 Sets)
5. Blend Match – Match the pictures to the blend words. (4 Sets)
6. Noun Sort – Sort the pictures by whether they are a person, place or thing. (3 Sets)
7. Long Vowels – Read the long vowel words and match the pictures. (5 Sets)
8. Verb or Noun – Read the words and decide whether they are a verb or noun. (2 Sets)
Both an Australian and USA Version are included.
See the preview for more!