Want a fun spelling center to use with your students? This Word Maker Mat will have your students building new words with phonemes and graphemes they have learned!
This activity is so easy to differentiate! Students only use the letters and letter combinations that they know. As students learn new sounds, add them to the board!
You can grab this resource at over 90% off with the ULTIMATE PHONICS CENTERS BUNDLE here:
You don’t want to miss this deal!
HOW TO USE:
Students choose letters to add to the mats and begin building words! Challenge them to create as many words as they can using sounds they have already learned. Add more sounds as your students learn them. If students create nonsense words, have them circle these to identify them.
- Both color and black & white mats are included. Letter tiles are also included.
THIS MUST-HAVE RESOURCE IS:
- Perfect for Kindergarten, First Grade and Second Grade students.
- Easy to prep! Simply print and laminate.
- Differentiation is easy by changing up the letters. Learners of all stages can benefit from this resource.
- Versatile! Use it in small groups, whole-class or one-on-one.
You can grab the bundle here: